1 all the visible features of an area of countryside or land,often considered in terms of their aesthetic appeal: the giant cacti that dominate this landscape | a bleak urban landscape.
• a picture representing an area of countryside: [ as modifier ] : a landscape painter.
• the genre of landscape painting.
• the distinctive features of a particular situation or intellectual activity: the event transformed the political landscape.
2 [ as modifier ] (of a page, book, or illustration, or the manner in which it is set or printed) wider than it is high. Compare with portrait (sense 2). verb [with obj.] (usu. be landscaped) improve the aesthetic appearance of (a piece of land) by changing its contours, adding ornamental features, or planting trees and shrubs: the site has been tastefully landscaped | (as noun landscaping) : the company spent $15,000 on landscaping.
1 the art or practice of designing and constructing buildings.
• the style in which a building is designed or constructed, especially with regard to a specific period, place, or culture: Victorian architecture.
2 the complex or carefully designed structure of something: the chemical architecture of the human brain.
• the conceptual structure and logical organization of a computer or computer-based system: a client/server architecture.
1 the art or process of designing the interior decoration of a room or building. of the design.
1 provides a complete range of design and engineering services for shipyards and shipowners.